Wednesday 13 January 2010

DVD Feature Menu research!

Below im taking a look at different styles which are used by designers to communicate to the viewer what type of film they are about to watch. Not only this but the set up on how you can explore extra options on the dvd and how it is made obvious to the viewer etc.


Above: Screen shots from the DVD title menu's on Coach Carter (left) and Lucky number sleven (right). Coach Carter has a distinct style which i feel would look good for my work. It also reminds me of work which I previously made at College so i feel it would be a strong style to follow. Lucky number sleven has a 3D style and very nice soft colours, although i do not feel that would suit my theme of Guy Ritchie films.


Above: Snatch - one of my favorite films which was written and directed by Guy Ritchie. This alone gives me and idea for colours, type faces and style.


Above: Revolver - yet another of Guy Ritchies british gangster films which shows the dark, shadowed colours, type faces, and style. Not only this, but it gives me a better idea of direction and composition. I feel confident heading towards the design stage of this area of the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment