Tuesday 20 October 2009

What is 'Good' - Part 2

So ... in brief we have a choice: 

Packages & Promotes
- Packages & Persuades
- Packages & Informs

- Packages & Instructs 

Where to go with this, may I remind you, Im doing skydiving ... so I have too package and promote skydiving - more specifically the adrenalin side of it - nightmare!
Anyway below is some of the packaging techniques i came acorss which I photographed, some of these I will be using as inspiration when I design my packaging ... when!
All images below are taken from ' Packaging, Form and Design ' 


I put the image above in, because of the beauty of the print, and the packaging is very clever. Looking at the images closely, the package is produced on a white paper/card stock.  Although the only use for this package is for confectionary, its still very aesthetically pleasing.


The product above is possibly my favorite design I have found so far.  According too the book: 
- ' This box made of recycled paper performs dual functions: as in-storedisplay and as packaging. Once carried home it can be re-assembled into a "TV" to create an unusual interior design element. '
This type of packaging is one element of what we are required too do.  This serves as great inspiration too me for when i start my design process.  Also too consider is how the audience react too the product/packaging, again the design above proves succesful, as explained below: 
- ' It also acts as a communication tool in a unique Freitag promotional scheme: upon sending the registration card to Zurich, Freitag sends the buyer back a paper remote control.' AWESOME! 


Designed in 2004 these cube houses act as a promotion tool for the company.  The bright colours and playful look of the product makes it a win with the audience who naturally want too interact with a product. I love the simplicity of the design, and how through using simple techniques they make a product which you will remember.  No type is used on this product - minus that of what is on the packaging which is very minimal.


This design is a paper based package in the food and beverage section.  These packages were designed in the years 2000 and 2006.  This is a very clever package which is what i wish to achieve, the fact this product serves its main purpose and also achieves another is superb.  

No comments:

Post a Comment