Tuesday 27 April 2010

Domino - Other Designs

I have decided to do some very basic research to start with and see what I find. The word 'Domino' is immediately associated with Dominos Pizza - I think you will agree. So i decided to look deeper into other brands, shops, restaurants etc with the name Domino. I found around 15 examples in my research 3 of which were simple clip-art designs which I have decided not too include in this.
The examples below range in terms of design. Some are very simple, cheap and cheesy feel - where as some are designed with nice type, colour, layout etc. To some up the majority of the designs below: I will take a lot from looking at these designs e.g.: colour, scale, type, layout and imagery. I will also take this chance to see that it will be hard to make a logo for Domino Records - without some sort of association with a domino. Emailing Domino Records could help here to find out if there is a story behind the name.


Below: This design is very professional. Beautiful design using very nice font. The font itself however i associate with music - more specifically the d&b genre. The design however is nice and works its part to attract customers. By adding the simple 'Galeria' text at the bottom the logo becomes more specific and legible.


Below: This is definitely my favorite design which I found relating to Domino. Its bold vibrant background colour and stone white type is immediately eye-catching. The layout of the text and general design is very well finished. Although i see this design working more towards television - possibly for an ident, i still feel its a good piece to work from.

No comments:

Post a Comment