Wednesday 28 April 2010

Domino Records (rebrand research)

A major part of my brief - is to redesign (rebrand) Domino Records of London. I thought my best bet would be to look into current record labels around the UK to see if there are any current trends, styles or themes to their logos. The first set of logos I have below are all black and white using grey scale for shades and depths. The logos attached are a selection of the best brand designs i could first find in my initial research:
  • MySpace Records is one of my favorite designs. Keeping in theme with the MySpace logo using the silhouettes of people with large headphones is simple, affective and recognisable.
  • 2 Tone Records have a different approach to their logo. Taking an image of a classic vinyl and adding some collage images with classic type. It makes a very unique and distinctive design - which I feel is one of the best I have researched so far.
  • Evermore Records has a brilliant logo. Using a custom typeface and a hand rendered vinyl image it produces and affective and innovative design.


The designs above using tones of green are all mockups for different brands. I chose to take this from my research to show how creative you can be - and how simple. I do like a couple of the designs above:
  • Lomax - the design consists of a large curved typeface which is also 3D. It also has two arrows and paint running from the bottom of the design. I like the design as its simple yet eye catching - layout is essential in all design work, if the arrows were in a different location or the type was smaller the design would not work as-well as it currently does.
  • Rubik Recordings has another simple yet affective logo. Using the basic lines from a Rub-ix Cube and a unique, eye-catching typeface - an affective logo was produced.

No comments:

Post a Comment